Two Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each for one student from Coppell High School and one student from New Tech High School. All recipients must attend college within the ensuing year or they forfeit the award. All scholarship monies will be sent to the recipients upon verification of registration at the college of their choice.
Criteria and Application Information:
The Taylor Storch Memorial Scholarship is seeking high school seniors who will attend a four year college or university. Please be prepared to provide the following information when submitting your application:
- Personal Information: Name, Contact Information, Parent/Guardian, Academics, Activities, College Information, etc.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A letter from a high school counselor, teacher, or resource person within the community that personally knows the applicant. -AND-
- A letter from an adult who witnessed the applicant making a positive impact in the lives of others.
- “How I have made a positive impact in the lives of others.” Tell us how you have made a positive impact in the lives of others. Think of the impact you have made in your organizations, church, your local community, your school, your family, etc. (max 500 words)
- “Why is Organ Donation important?” Tell us why you think organ donation is important. This can be personally, in general, or both. Some thought starters: Have you been touched by organ donation by someone you know? Have you done anything to promote organ donation? How could the decision of organ donation have a ripple effect of good? We are not necessarily looking for these questions to be answered, rather providing them as a means of provoking an idea. (max 200 words)
Applicants are required to submit their application for the Taylor Storch Memorial Scholarship online. Please review the “Criteria and Application Information” section prior to applying for the scholarship. The applicant must complete and submit the online application in one sitting (there is no option to save and come back). All required information, two letters of recommendation (uploaded or emailed), and two written essays are due by the application deadline.
IMPORTANT: No late applications will be accepted. Multiple submissions are not permitted. Not following the submission guidelines above may disqualify the applicant. If the applicant is unable to upload letters of recommendation, they may be emailed to [email protected] by the application deadline.
Evaluation and Award:
The Scholarship Committee will score all applications on a weighted scale. All applications and information will be kept confidential, and no personal information – other than what is necessary for evaluation – will be shared with the committee. School counselors may be contacted to verify student information.